The Montrose Global Water Practice works closely with clients in private industry and government to provide novel, turn-key services and treatment system designs tailored for specific treatment constraints, project schedules and budgets. Our team has deep experience within the water and wastewater market, and we’re uniquely positioned to offer end-to-end project support and a full range of consulting, troubleshooting, pilot testing, design, engineering, installation, commissioning and long-term operations and maintenance services.
We have industry-leading project experience with drinking water, groundwater, water reuse, industrial and municipal wastewater, food and beverage, emerging contaminants, flue gas desulfurization, and digestate treatment and nutrient recovery.
Our team deploys a diverse set of standard, emerging and customized water treatment technologies, including ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis membranes, media-based filtration systems, ozone, UV, aerobic, anaerobic biological treatment, ammonia stripping systems, and thermal drying.
Montrose leads turn-key design, engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) of facilities for greenfield projects. We also handle significant retrofits or upgrades to existing facilities, such as installing new, more efficient equipment to achieve long-term cost savings, or reconfiguring older treatment systems in order to ensure compliance with new environmental regulations.
We also take on underperforming or financially distressed projects—creating, designing, and executing plans to enhance project profitability.
In addition to our comprehensive EPC solutions, we also lead the way in providing a wide range of other project support services that span the entire life cycle of a project—operations and maintenance, environmental permitting, laboratory sampling and testing, and regulatory reporting—allowing us to serve as a long-term project partner.
We draw on our deep collective experience to provide in-depth initial evaluations and assessments of projects, and engage in active troubleshooting for projects that are currently operational.
- Initial Site Visits and Project Consultation
- Benchmarking and Feasibility Studies
- Treatability Testing
- Treatment Simulation and Optimization Modeling
- Cost Estimation and Financial Modeling
- Independent Owner’s Engineer Reports
Our solutions leverage the best commercially available technologies. As an independent design and engineering team that doesn’t market proprietary technologies or equipment, we pride ourselves on bringing in the best partners for each project to engineer best-in-class and economically attractive treatment systems.
- Identification of Best-in-Class, Project-Specific Equipment and Technologies
- Preliminary Design and Specifications
- Detailed Cost Negotiations
- Purchase and Site Delivery Management
- Full Process and Equipment Guarantees
We can take preliminary project and technology assessments and transition them to a fully integrated, turn-key system design, with in-depth project drawings, specifications, and final cost estimates prepared by our in-house engineers and designers.
- 3D Modeling and Detailed Design
- Full Equipment Lists and Project Specifications
- Construction-Ready Documents
- Design-level Process Safety Management
Following initial assessments, testing, technology selection and detailed design, Montrose can take the lead on implementation as well. In-house management of all engineering and equipment components of a project enables our team to reduce costs, streamline schedules and take advantage of other synergies through the life of a project.
- Civil and Site Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Instrumentation and Controls Design
- In-House Equipment Procurement Support and Management
The Montrose Global Water Practice team works with pre-selected third-party construction firms on projects throughout the United States. As a prime leader on nearly all projects, our in-house construction managers and cost estimators work closely with project partners to provide a seamless system installation and construction process.
- In-House Construction Management Team
- Pre-Selected Third-Party Construction Partners
- Local General Construction
- Dedicated Design and Engineering Support
With our knowledge of system assessment, design and construction, Montrose can transition directly into project start-up and commissioning. Our staff has significant experience working with equipment and technology providers, energy offtake partners and project owners to lead a comprehensive start-up and commissioning process.
- Detailed Start-up and Commissioning Plans and Documentation
- On-Site Operations and Maintenance Support
- In-House Testing, Compliance and Permitting Support
Properly trained and well-managed on-site operations and maintenance teams are key to the success of any project – and having all knowledge leaders connected as colleagues on a project is a significant added value for any project owner.
- Dedicated On-Site Teams Nationwide
- Cost Effective Staffing and Maintenance Plans
- In-House and On-Site Safety Personnel and Management
- Technology-Forward Management and Operational Solutions
- Regulatory Reporting and Data Tracking
- Seamless Communication with In-House Engineering Teams
We’re always ready to bring in or work with other key project stakeholders to help fast-track development and approval. Montrose can serve as a one-stop shop, bringing a comprehensive network of capital, regulatory, and technology providers to any project.
- Permitting Applications
- Pre-Selected Third-Party Capital Providers
- Liaising with State, Federal, and Private Funding Sources
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Regulatory and Government Affairs Support