As part of our suite of LDAR solutions, Montrose is a global leader in using advanced Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) technology to detect hydrocarbon gas leaks and vents. As a complement or replacement for Method 21, OGI makes it faster, easier, and more efficient to detect the larger leaks responsible for the majority of harmful emissions.
With more than a decade of experience deploying OGI in real-world situations – along with our industry-leading and user-friendly management software – Montrose is a pioneer in the field and understands the value and application of this technology.
Rather than manually monitoring each individual component for leaks, OGI takes advantage of filtered infrared cameras to scan facilities up to 20 times faster – including unregulated, unsafe, or inaccessible components that Method 21 can’t always reach. Accuracy increases and ghost leaks (mis-identification of leaks) are eliminated because you’re able to see exactly where a leak is occurring; gas drifts or imprecise scans with handheld devices no longer drag down efficiency or affect safety.
Just as important, OGI opens up a new and much more productive path for leak detection. Rather than focusing on small leaks that have a negligible impact on total emissions, you can concentrate your energies on the large leaks (up to 10,000 times the volume) that are the most serious emissions problem. In fact, data show that optically identified leaks account for 90% of total emissions volume.
In the near future, actual volumetric leak rates will become the standard by which emissions are judged, rather than leak counts or leak concentrations. With our OGI capabilities and expertise, Montrose can get you there today.
Optical Gas Imaging Services
As regulatory and subject matter experts, we provide a full range of fugitive emission management services to the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industries.
- Efficient, cost-effective identification of exact emission source
- Scans for previously missed unsafe or inaccessible areas
- Use of the most appropriate secondary-leak screening technology to meet or exceed compliance requirements
- Hazardous atmosphere monitoring to ensure safety
- Certified technicians who’ve all been professionally trained, and undergone a detailed competency/audit program, immersion in task-specific inspection protocols, and extensive quality control training
- Accurate, quantitative emission leak rate measurement for individual leaks, process vents, internal valves, and tank top leaks/vents
- Electrochemical/differential pressure meter
- Flow-through emission rate meters
- Calibrated bag for high volume applications
- Ultrasonic technology
- Infrared absorption spectroscopy
- Fit-for-purpose emission measurement technologies
- Quality assurance protocols to meet regulatory guidelines, including detailed and prescriptive inspection protocol, technical procedures, training requirements, individual and team performance audits, high standards of calibration, and task specific guidelines
- Fugitive Emission Management Programs (FEMP)
- Customized programs for each application
- Program plans that incorporate multiple jurisdictional regulations; stakeholders and responsibilities; health, safety and environment considerations; emission monitoring protocols; data management; and training programs
- Accurate and valid leak and emission data generation to demonstrate compliance with FEMP and LDAR programs
- Data management and tracking from the point of monitoring to final component repair
- Online analysis: a centralized database for communicating emission survey results, repair tracking, and facilitation of corporate and regulatory reporting
- Field access: custom field data entry software on handheld devices ensures consistent fugitive emission data capture and enables instant data sync with online database
- Mobile tracking: Android-based application allows field crews to efficiently create LDAR component inventories and track EPA Method 21 monitoring results
Download our Management Software Brochure
1702 4 Street SW, Suite 220
Canada Sales Contact:
1 (587) 438-0853
412 Darby Way
USA Sales Contact:
1 (713) 542-3167