Tough Challenges, Smart Solutions
Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) projects are comprehensive and complicated and require a multi-disciplinary team of experts to be able tackle all that is required to successfully deliver a system that can operate for the long term. Our Biogas team’s industry-leading expertise, combined with a unique ability to listen and be flexible, will turn your RNG questions and problems into a solution.
Key Markets: Agriculture and Landfill Gas
With a focused experience on agricultural and landfill gas projects, we work closely with farmers, developers, site owners, investors and other key stakeholders to help bring projects to life. Collectively, our team has helped over 50 farms and landfills along their RNG project journey and we hold and value key relationships across the industry for strategic teaming and partnering.
We Know Biogas
The Biogas team of industry pioneers leads in early-stage project evaluation, permitting, technology selection, design, engineering, procurement, construction management, turnkey project delivery (EPC) and long-term operations and maintenance for projects of all sizes. Our multi-disciplinary project team of certified engineers, project managers, construction staff and operators encompass the comprehensive suite of services necessary to develop, design, build, operate and maintain RNG facilities as well as yield customized solutions to our clients.
We Can Handle The Big Projects
Our Biogas team is part of global network of environmental professionals and experts that provide services across disciplines to clients in both the public and private sector. Our team’s footprint, depth and financial capacity as part of Montrose Environmental Group allows us the ability to lead large projects and provide clients with the confidence and guarantees needed to execute and deliver complex RNG solutions.
Project Experience That Sets Us Apart
Click on the brochure below to learn more about our team’s ability to deliver complex solutions to clients within the RNG industry.
The Montrose team has more than 100 years of experience in the design, operation, and optimization of anaerobic digestion and landfill gas systems — knowledge we draw on to provide initial evaluations of projects at any stage in their lifecycle, and to engage in active troubleshooting for operational projects.
- Initial Site Visits and Phase One Project Assessments
- Independent Owner’s Engineer Reports
- Preliminary Gas Yield and Carbon Intensity Scoring Evaluations
- In-House Project Permitting
- Energy Offtake Support
- Feedstock Evaluation, Consultation and Recommendations
Our solutions leverage the best commercially available technologies. As an independent design and engineering team that doesn’t market proprietary technologies or equipment, we pride ourselves on bringing in the best partners for each project to engineer best-in-class and economically attractive treatment systems.
- Identification of Best-in-Class, Project-Specific Equipment and Technologies
- Preliminary Design and Specifications
- Detailed Cost Negotiations
- Purchase and Site Delivery Management
- Full Process and Equipment Guarantees
We use our experience with biogas projects to take preliminary project and technology assessments and transition them to a fully integrated system design, with in-depth project drawings, specifications, and final cost estimates prepared by our in-house engineers and designers.
- 3D Modeling and Detailed Design
- Full Equipment Lists and Project Specifications
- Construction-Ready Documents
- Design-Level Process Safety Management
Following initial assessments, technology selection and detailed design, the Montrose Biogas Engineering team will take the lead on implementation of the project-specific solution. In-house management of all engineering and equipment components of a project allows our team to reduce cost, trim schedules and take advantage of other synergies through the life of a project.
- Civil and Site Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Instrumentation and Controls Design
- In-House Equipment Procurement Support and Management
The Montrose Biogas Engineering team works with pre-selected third-party construction firms on projects throughout the U.S. As a prime leader on nearly all projects, our in-house construction managers and cost estimators work closely with project partners to provide a seamless system installation and construction process.
- In-House Construction Management Team
- Pre-Selected, Third Party Construction Partners
- Local General Construction
- Dedicated Design and Engineering Support
Our team can go directly from system assessment, design and construction to project start-up and commissioning. Our staff has significant experience working with equipment and technology providers, energy offtake partners and project owners to lead a comprehensive start-up and commissioning process.
- Detailed Start-Up and Commissioning Plans and Documentation
- On-Site Operations and Maintenance Support
- In-House Testing, Compliance and Permitting Support
Properly trained and well-managed on-site operations and maintenance teams are key to the success of any project – and having all knowledge leaders connected as colleagues on a project is a significant added value for any project owner.
- Dedicated, On-Site Teams Nationwide
- Cost Effective Staffing and Maintenance Plans
- In-House and On-Site Safety Personnel and Management
- Technology-Forward Management and Operational Solutions
- Regulatory Reporting and Data Tracking
- Seamless Communication with In-House Engineering Teams
Key to any successful project is long-term management and fruitful engagement with key stakeholders. Montrose provides business, permitting and regulatory support and leadership as needed.
- Feedstock Assessment, Testing, Sourcing and Contracting
- Solids and Residuals Disposal
- Permitting Documentation and Reporting Requirements
- Energy Credit Tracking and Reporting