Offshore Oil Platform Decommissioning Forum
January 12-14, 2020
Goals of the Forum
- To facilitate public awareness of the process to decommission oil and gas platforms and facilities off the coast of California in both state and federal waters.
- To describe decommissioning options, the costs, benefits, and risks of each, and constraints on choice.
- To present an overview of the decommissioning process in state and federal waters.
- To raise awareness about public involvement and opportunities for public engagement during the decision-making process.
- To invite the public to participate in and inform the state and federal decision-making process.