TSCA Chemical Data Reporting (CDR) Season is here. Have you started yet?
August 4, 2020
Toxic Substances Control Act – Chemical Data Reporting (TSCA CDR) season is here. The submission deadline is November 30th, 2020.
This reporting requirement applies to US facilities that meet the following criteria:
- Manufacture or import certain chemicals listed in the TSCA inventory, and
- Exceed chemical production volume thresholds of 25,000 lbs/yr (or 2,500 lbs/yr for TSCA action chemicals)
Please note that EPA broadened the TSCA definition of small manufacturer on May 28, 2020. The definition now includes:
- Facilities that have sales (combined with parent company) under $120 million, unless that company has a site that produced more than 100,000 lbs of a particular substance
- Facilities that have sales (combined with parent company) under $12 million, irrespective of production volumes
The “small manufacturer” exemption does not apply to certain chemicals subject to TSCA actions.
Our team of experts assisted many clients with TSCA CDR in 2016 and continues to help facilities navigate the updated requirements for the 2020 reporting cycle.
Reach out to us today for more information on how we can help your facility with:
- Chemical assessments
- Threshold determinations
- Complying with reporting requirements
- General TSCA CDR questions.
Farhana Momin, P.E.
Carol Kawa, P.E.