The Montrose network of testing professionals throughout the U.S. and Canada has decades of experience in a range of monitoring fields and applications. This enables us to excel in projects that range widely in scope and complexity, supporting the measurement or environmental laboratory requirements of the public sector, private industry, and governmental agencies. Our national network of accredited environmental laboratories provides clients with quick turnaround, best-in-class support, innovative science, regulatory expertise, and results our clients know they can count on.
Asking the right question is key, and leads to the generation of meaningful data that can be used with a high level of confidence for regulatory compliance or process improvement. We collaborate closely with clients to determine the best approach for each project, and manage the process from sample collection through final data submission. Our experts focus on generating high-quality, legally defensible data to address clients’ questions and resolve issues with credible, science-based solutions.
Employing practical methodology designed to economically resolve Indoor Air Quality problems, Montrose helps clients develop and conduct cost-effective, OSHA-compliant air or noise monitoring studies to assess exposure to airborne contaminants or determine the need for a hearing conservation program.
- Monitoring for Chemical and Biological Agents
- Ventilation Measurements and Determination of Airflow Patterns
- Illumination Measurements and Assessment
- Odor Evaluations
- Noise Measurements
- Mitigation Planning
- Follow-up Assessment
With specialized expertise in dealing with the varied and challenging matrices of air analysis, coupled with a comprehensive understanding of EPA, NCASI, state, and ASTM test methods, Montrose labs provide timely, high-quality data solutions for even the most challenging projects. Our scientists are actively engaged with state and federal regulatory bodies and understand both the demands of the industry and the complex compliance landscape.
- Ambient Air Monitoring
- Fugitive Emissions
- Vapor Intrusion, Soil-Gas, Indoor Air
- Stationary Source Emissions
- Emergency Response Consulting and Analytical Support
- On-site Measurements from Accredited Mobile Laboratories
Montrose provides a full range of analytical chemistry services for analysis of soil, tissue, sediment, and water matrices, using a project-specific approach that applies the most sensitive techniques to achieve the lowest reporting limits for each study. With courier services from all of our labs as well as routine field sampling support, the Montrose commitment to successful testing goes well beyond the traditional laboratory partner.
- Drinking Water Analysis
- Potable and Non-Potable Water Microbiological Analysis
- Soil, Sediment, Water & Hazardous Waste Analysis
- Analysis of Tissues for Laboratory and Field-Based Uptake and Bioaccumulation Studies
- Wastewater, Groundwater, and Stormwater Analysis
- CDC-Accredited Legionella Testing Laboratory
- DoD/DOE-Accredited Testing Laboratory
We have the expertise to properly implement the sophisticated isotope dilution techniques needed to get the most accurate and precise results where detection of highly-toxic compounds at Ultratrace levels is required. We apply these methods to analyze for both legacy PFAS, such as PFOS/ PFOA, and newer PFAS such as GenX. Our extensive compound list of 25 PFAS and our large sample capacity enable us to tailor our expertise to client- or program-specific criteria to provide the best analytical solution and generate the most reliable PFAS data available.
- Per and Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
Montrose’s bioassay and ecotoxicology laboratory and consulting services are focused on applied, science-based study design, planning, review, and regulatory support, as well as analysis, integration, interpretation, and validation of toxicity data. Our multi-agency accredited laboratories conduct the full range of toxicity testing for water, sediment, soil, product, and chemical matrices. Specialties include whole effluent toxicity (WET) testing, TIE/TRE, sediment evaluations, dredged material evaluations, risk assessments, and special studies.
- NPDES Wastewater, Stormwater, Groundwater, and Ambient Monitoring
- Sediment and Soil Toxicity Testing
- Biological and Chemical Analysis for Dredged Materials Including Uptake and Bioaccumulation Studies
- Product Evaluation for Safety Datasheets, Registration, and Disposal
- Special Studies Including Water Effect Ratios and Sediment Spiking Studies
- Novel Application of Existing Methods
- Toxicity Identification Evaluations (TIE) and Toxicity Reduction Evaluations (TRE)
- NPDES permit consulting, Sampling and Analysis Plan (SAP) and Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) Development