Guide to 2021 Environmental Reporting Deadlines: US EPA and Mountain States
February 22, 2021
By: Alan Anderson
It’s a new reporting year and time to plan for environmental reporting and compliance deadlines. The following deadlines and reports are requirements under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and various state-specific environmental agencies.
- March 1st – EPCRA SARA Tier II (311 and 312)
- March 31st – Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report
- April 1st – Air Emissions Inventory – Class I, II
- July 1st – EPCRA Form R (TRI Report)
- September 1st – Small Quantity Generators (SQGs) of hazardous waste are being asked to submit a re-notification of their generator status
- April 30th – Regulation 7 Report for storage tanks subject to Section I.D.3. for oil and gas operations
- May 31st – Annual pneumatic controller report for oil and gas upstream or natural gas compressor stations
- May 31st – Annual LDAR Report for oil and gas operations
- June 30th – Annual air emissions and equipment inventory report for oil and gas operations
- June 30th – Annual certification for natural gas transmission and storage segment
- June 30th – Monthly monitoring reports for upstream oil and gas pre-production and production operations
- April 1st – Emissions inventory for CY2020
- March 1st – Used Oil Annual Report for Handlers
- March 31st – Annual Industrial Stormwater Discharge Monitoring Report (Note that some sectors have alternative reporting deadlines)
- April 15th – Air Emissions Inventory Report
- October 1st – Air Emissions Fees
- April 30th – Triennial Minor Source Emissions Inventories for CY2020
- April 30th – Annual Upper Green River Basin (UGRB) Emissions for CY2020
- June 30th – Winter UGRB emissions for Feb 1st – March 31st
- January 28th – Industrial Storm Water Annual Report (Note that Industrial facilities subject to effluent limitations monitoring and/or impaired waters monitoring must submit an Annual Report by January 28. All other facilities must prepare and retain the Annual Report by January 28. Note that metals and mining facilities must submit by December 1st)
- March 1st – Annual Air Emissions Report
- June 30th – Air Emissions Fees
- NPDES Individual Permit DMRs – Typically due 28 days following monitoring period (Monthly, Quarterly, Semiannually, or Annually)
- Review Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP / PPC) and update – Annually
- SWPPP / PPC / BMP Training – Annually
- SPCC Plan Update – Every 5 years
- SPCC Discharge Prevention Training – Annually
- Air Quality Permit Renewal – 6 months prior to expiration
- Individual NPDES Permit Renewal – 6 months prior to expiration
- NSPS OOOO Report – January 13th
- NSPS OOOOa Report – October 31st
Regional expertise is critical to successfully managing a facility’s federal, state, and local compliance and reporting requirements. Montrose provides a full range of regulatory consulting services for industrial, commercial, and governmental facilities — from planning and site selection through the permitting process and ongoing compliance.
For more 2021 reporting deadlines, check out our recent blog on the Northwestern US.
Our consultants are here to help. Start a conversation with us now.
Alan has more than seven years of diversified environmental consulting experience focusing on Environmental Compliance. Alan has managed large-scale projects to develop storm water (SWPPP) and spill prevention (SPCC) plans at over 100 facilities throughout the United States. He has completed a wide range of environmental projects under various state and federal programs, including UST, HSRA, and EPCRA chemical reporting, and has conducted numerous environmental compliance audits.